- What’s True about The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch by Philip K. Dick?
- On the Relative Value of “Jupiter Ascending”
- Candace Owens Plays Fast and Loose with Nazis
- Is Anonymity Defensible? – or – What Should We Do about White Martyrs?
- Trajectories in the American Gun Debate after the Christchurch Mosque Attacks
Tag Archives: Violence
Is Anonymity Defensible? – or – What Should We Do about White Martyrs?
A number of reputable media outlets refuse to identify the perpetrators of mass violence by name. This attempt to limit the “celebrity” of mass killers is presented as a public service, but my doubts are growing. I often see this … Continue reading
Posted in Domestic policy, Violence, War Tagged Anders Breivik, Armed conflict, Brenton Tarrant, Timothy McVeigh, Violence, White nationalism, White supremacy Leave a comment
Trajectories in the American Gun Debate after the Christchurch Mosque Attacks
Painting with the broadest possible brush, we can be forgiven for thinking the state of our moral discourse is broken. Conservatives feel progressives indulge in a politics of outrage. They fit particular events into pre-made frames of reference. From that … Continue reading